After a major storm, it can be difficult to determine the damage sustained to your trees and what the proper course of action should be. To assess a tree, ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the tree healthy and strong?
- Are any major/large limbs broken?
- Has the main tree stem been lost?
- Is at least 50% of the crown intact?
- How big are the wounds?
- Are there remaining branches that can for a new branch structure?
Safety is always the first priority so if you suspect major damage or a tree is posing an imminent threat, consult with a Splintered Forest ISA Certified Arborist immediately to assess the damage.