What is the process for applying for a Defensible Space Permit?
1) Talk with the Jefferson County Planning & Zoning Division – contact information can be found on their website.
2) Start the application for a defensible space permit number with Jefferson County.
3) Contact a Defensible Space Inspector from the County approved list. The inspector will meet with you at your property and mark any trees requiring attention. After the markings have been completed, the inspector will notify the County that the initial inspection is completed and the Defensible Space sign off on the permit will be released.
4) During the construction process, you must complete the required removals, thinning or trimming. Before obtaining your Certificate of Occupancy, you must have the Defensible Space Inspector return to verify the work has been completed.
5) After the work has been completed and verified, the Inspector will provide proof of a final inspection to Jefferson County on your behalf.
Splintered Forest has the capability to complete both the Defensible Space Inspection and the necessary fire mitigation work. Contact us today!